Our kids can grow in God – through reading their Bibles, praying, and listening when people are talking about God. They are never to young to start growing in their faith and knowledge of God!
This simple craft, perfect for even young kids, can encourage your kids to grow in God. It also makes a super fun Sunday School, Christian school, or homeschool craft.
Materials Needed for Printable Flower Craft:
- One copy of the background page for each student
- One copy of the leaves / stem page on green paper. Each page makes enough leaves and stems for six crafts.
- One copy of the flower petals page on colored paper. Each page makes enough petals for three crafts.
- Crayons, colored pencils, or markers
Directions for Printable Flower Craft:
- Color the background page.
- Cut out one leaf and one green stem. (If you have a classroom and your kids are old enough to cut the paper themselves, roughly cut the pieces apart so each student has one leaf and one stem. Allow them to cut on the lines themselves.)
- Glue the stem to the background page.
- Cut out five petals. (Again, if your kids are old enough to cut the paper themselves, roughly cut out the petals in strips of five and allow your students to cut out the individual petals.)
- Gently fold the petals and the leaf in half the long way. Open them back up. Use a dot of glue at one end of the petal and put it at the top of the stem. Repeat with the other four petals, circling around the stem top.
- Use glue to stick the flower center circle on top of the ends of the petals.
- Finally, attach the leaf to the stem.
It is so important for everyone of us to continue growing in God. This growth should never stop, because we will never arrive at all that God has for us in this world. It is so important for kids to understand this. It takes effort to grow. It doesn’t happen immediately. And, when we make mistakes, we can repent of them and continue to grow.
Two verses that kept coming to mind as I worked on this craft are Colossians 1:9-10 and 2 Peter 3:18:
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;” – Colossians 1:9-10
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.” – 2 Peter 3:18
I hope that this craft is a blessing to you. If you use it, I would love to hear how it goes and if you have any suggestions or thoughts. Please scroll down to comment.
May God bless you!