Looking for a super easy Christmas craft for young children? Look no further! This adorable paper nativity scene is very simple to make and fun to play with after it’s made.
Your kids will be so proud of their own nativity scene!
Materials Needed for the Paper Nativity Scene:
- One copy of the Nativity Scene Printables for each child (Sign up in the box below to get your FREE copy – you can print in full color or black and white outline so kids can color their own!)
- Safety Scissors, if age appropriate, or an adult with scissors to cut out the items
- Crayons, washable markers, or colored pencils, if desired
- Glue stick and/or clear tape (Glue stick is easiest for little hands!)
Directions for the Paper Nativity Scene:
- Color the nativity figures, the stable, and the star as desired.
- Cut out the large rectangle for the back of the stable along the solid outer lines.
- Cut out the front of the stable along the solid outer lines, cutting into the stable along the solid lines so that the stable is “open”.
- Cut out the star along the solid dark lines and save.
- Place the “back” of the stable rectangle so that the dotted lines are down on the table. Fold it up and over along the dotted lines. Repeat along the second set of dotted lines.
- Place the stable front so that the picture is face down on the table. Fold it up and over along the dotted lines. Repeat along the second set of dotted lines.
- Turn the stable front over. Tape or glue the bottom of the thin folded piece to the unfolded side of the stable back. Flip the whole thing over and tape or glue the folded side of the stable back to the stable front, creating a 3-dimensional stable.
- Glue or tape the star to the top of the stable.
- Cut out the nativity figures.
- Cut out the thin rectangles. Loop each long rectangle to make a little circle and tape or glue one end down to secure the circle.
- Tape or glue one small circle to the back of each nativity figure, just above the base. The figure will lean back against the circle to stand up. If the figure falls forward, adjust the circle a little bit higher on the figure’s back.
- Four modern children are included in this set to remind kids that we also worship Jesus! You can have your kids choose one figure from the four, all four, or none at all.
- Place the figures in or around the stable as desired. You are done!
This craft is perfect to make at home over Christmas break, at a Christmas school party, in Sunday School, or at a church messy table. The file can also be emailed to students in your class or kids in your local church if you are unable to meet in person.
Remind your kids of the true reason we celebrate Christmas – with this printable paper Nativity Scene Craft!
If you use this craft, I would love to hear how it goes. Please scroll down to comment.
May God bless you this Christmas season!
P.s. Looking for more Bible based holiday crafts? There’s lots to choose from when you click here.