Are your kids fidgety? If so, they will love this Bible Verse Spinner craft – a creative and active way to memorize a Bible verse!
Materials Needed for the Bible Verse Spinner
- Spinner template
- (1) 8.5 X 11 inch piece of cardstock or paper
- (1) 8.5 x 11 inch piece of thin cardboard or heavy cardstock
- Crayons or markers
- Push Pin
- 76 inch piece of string
Directions for Bible Verse Spinner
1. Print the PDF template onto a piece of cardstock or paper. My templates feature Colossians 1:16 and Genesis 1:1. If you want to use a different verse, use the blank template. This will allow your kids to write whatever verse they are memorizing on the spinner.
Download the Bible Verse Spinner Blank Template
Or, click on these links to download the Colossians 1:16 and Genesis 1:1 template:
Print the Template in ESV
Print the Template in KJV
Print the Template in NKJV
Print the Template in NIV
Print the Template in NASB
2. Color the template as desired.
3. Cut out the two circles.
4. Glue one circle to the thicker cardstock or thin cardboard.
5. After gluing one circle to the cardstock, cut the cardstock around the edge of the circle. Then, glue the other circle to the backside of the cardstock. You will now have a “sandwich” with the cardstock on the inside.
6. Adults only! Use the push pin to make two holes in the spinner, at the black dots. If needed, carefully push one blade of the scissors into the holes to enlarge the holes enough to get the string through the holes.
7. Push the string through one of the holes. Push the other end of the string through the other hole. Tie a knot in the string ends so that the string makes one large loop.
How to Play with the Bible Verse Spinner
To play, position the spinner in the center of the loop. Put your index and middle finger through the ends of the string.
Make large circles in the air with both hands to wind the string. The more you do this, the better the spinner will work.
Then, gently pull your hands apart. The spinner will spin quickly as the string unwinds.
As the spinner slows down, let your hands come together sightly, loosening the tension. This will allow the spinner’s momentum to wind the spinner in the opposite direction. Then, gently pull hands apart again and the spinner will spin in the opposite direction.
Once it gets going, you can keep the spinner going a really long time.
Extra ideas for the Bible Verse Spinner
Encourage your kids to say the verses as they spin the spinners.
If your kids are older, encourage them to cut four small triangles (positioned at 12, 3, 6, and 9 on a clock) into the edge of the spinner. This will make the spinner much louder as it spins.
The spinner templates above feature Colossians 1:16 and Genesis 1:1. If you are learning a different verse with your kids, use the blank spinner template. That way, your kids can write whatever verse they are memorizing on the spinner.
If you use this spinner for your kids, or if you have any other ideas for it, please let me know. I would love to hear from you! Scroll down to comment.
May God bless you.
Thank you! Great VBS craft for my 5th graders. The templates are a huge help!
Awesome!!! Thanks for your hard work, these are great additions to bible class, fun learning times!!! 🙂
Awww, I am so glad you can use these, Shannon. May God bless you! – Anna Joy