How Can I Get to Know God? Mini book: Help your kids understand how to get to know God – not just know about God, but to truly know God – with this fun mini book craft.
This little craft book features pages that actually flip and images to stick into place. Best part? It also gives kids a clear but brief presentation of the gospel.
Click the links below to download the Mini Book in your preferred Bible version.
Materials Needed for the How to Know God Mini Book:
- A printed copy (two pages total) of the template for each child, printed either in full color OR black and white outline
- Glue or Tape
- Crayons, washable markers, or colored pencils if desired
Directions for the Mini Book
- Cut the mini book out along the outside black line. Cut out the figures on the second page.
2. Fold the mini book down the vertical center line so that the pictures are on the outside. Unfold.
3. Fold the mini book down the horizontal center line so that the pictures are on the outside. Unfold. Fold again so that the pictures are on the inside. Unfold, creasing that center line.
4. Flip the page over so that the images are facing down. Fold the edges in toward the center fold line. Unfold.
5. Flip the page over so the pictures are facing up and fold in half again. Cut the book (through both sides) at the dark line. Do not cut the dashed line. Unfold.
6. Fold along the center line lengthwise again. Push the two ends of the book towards each other, forcing the interior pages to bend away from each other at the center line. Crease the pages.
7. Finish by folding the back cover over the interior pages. Crease along the spine.
8. Using the grey letters, glue or tape the character pictures into the mini book.
The girl holding the sign will extend above the book.
The graphic with the boy and Romans 5:9 will fold along the dotted line and glue or tape into the book to create a flap that will open to reveal the cross.
Before going on to the next page, fold the girl’s sign down so that it does not stick out above the book.
The last image will create a pop-up effect by taping or gluing the tabs to the two different pages. Then, fold the image into the book as you close the book.
You are done!
Will you use this mini book with your kids? If so, I would love to hear how it goes. Comment below to let me know!
May God bless you!
Just want you to know that our small rural Church is blessed through your time in creating such wonderful material to use with our children's ministry… thank you for sharing this mini-book… I join you in praying that it will lead many children to a personal relationship with our Savior! In our rural area, we only have two regular Sunday School children, and only around 20 who attend VBS each year, but each of those have received material from your creative efforts, and they love it. We've also used some of your material to mail into homes, or for once-a-month youth gatherings. Thank you!! My prayers will continue for you as the Lord continues to give you His inspirational ideas!
this is stunning… do you have more resources I can use for Sunday school
Hello! My name is Zhenya and I am from Ukraine. Thank you for sharing your work. I sometimes use your nuggets for children in Sunday school.
I run a girls' group in Australia. Each month we get together to encourage one another to learn more about our faith in Christ. We're watching a movie called The Current this month as well as one of the extra feature clips on what it means to give your life to Christ. Your booklet is going to be the craft activity that the girls can take home to remind them of their commitment to God. We're also making an extra one to give to one of our church family who last Sunday committed her life to the Lord.
This craft is an answer to prayer – thank you for being faithful in providing these resources free of charge. It is deeply appreciated.
Love from chilly Oz.
Thank you, Anna, God blesses us through you, you will bless you double. Your creations help many teachers, parents and many generations to come.
Thank you so much for all you do. I love everything you create. Blessings