Do you have a hard time finding your place in your book? Are you always short on good bookmarks? These adorable Nibblin’ Monsters Bookmarks are fun to make and fun to use! Try them today!
Patterned Paper or Cardstock
Nibblin’ Monsters Template [Click Here to Print]
1. Using the Nibblin’ Monsters Template, cut the shapes out as directed.
2. Take the largest shape and, using a sharp pencil and a ruler, score a fold line as indicated by the dotted “fold” lines on the pattern.
3. Fold the shape, starting with the right side, then folding the left over it. Crease the paper at the fold lines.
4. Unfold the shape and glue the square into the center, as shown below.
5. Apply a thin line of glue to the top of the jagged “teeth” shape. Carefully glue the teeth to the inside edge of the right flap as shown in the picture below.
6. Fold both flaps down, then glue the bottom of the left flap to the top of the right flap. Do NOT glue the right flap down to the colored square.
7. Glue the patterned triangle to the top of the monster.
8. While the triangle glue is still wet, apply a small dab of glue to the bottom of each “antennae” and slide the bottoms between the colored paper and the solid paper.
9. Finish by gluing the eyes into place.
10. Let your monster dry completely, then have fun using him!
This project was inspired by Tally’s Treasury blog. She has some other cool variations on these bookmarks. Check out her ideas here!
More Resources from Path Through the Narrow Gate:
Thank you and God Bless.
I love these! I’m sharing the link in a homeschool roundup today.
I love, love, LOVE every bit of these bookmarks! My daughter’s favorite book is called “Have You Seen My Monster”? She would get such a big kick out of making these with me. Thanks for the tip!
These would be a perfect match with your daughter’s favorite book! I hope you have fun with these. Thanks for stopping by.