Here’s a super-simple printable Mother’s Day gift box card that requires only two sheets of paper and some tape, yet will bring a smile to the face of every mother who receives it.
These adorable little box cards can be made in Sunday School or at home as a special gift for a mother or grandmother.
I would recommend this project for kids in third grade and older. (Click here to find a similar project for younger kids.)
Materials Needed for Printable Mother’s Day Gift Box Cards:
- 8.5 by 11 inch piece of light weight cardstock or copy paper for box (no heavier than 65 lb.)
- 8.5 by 11 inch of copy or scrapbook paper
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils – whatever you have on hand to write with
- Crafter’s Tape, ribbon, twine, string, yarn – anything to tie with, optional
Printables for Mother’s Day Box Card:
You will need one Box Template page for each person making the craft. You can choose either the 8 Reasons I Love My Mom Printable or the 8 Fun Facts About My Mom Printable. The 8 Facts will be easier for younger children while the 8 Reasons printable is better suited for older kids. Each file includes 4 pages – a page for “Moms”, a page for “Mums”, a page for “Grandmothers”, and a generic page. The generic page can be used for anyone including foster moms or a favorite aunt!
Instructions for Printable Mother’s Day Box Cards:
1. Print the box template onto your box paper.
2. Cut out the two octagons on the thick black lines, then cut along the small black diagonal lines. Do not cut any of the gray lines.
3. Fold all four edges in on the middle line. The bottom of the edge will match up with the inner line.
4. Now your box will look something like the picture above. Fold each of the corners in so that the folded edge matches the inner line.
5. Fold the edges in on the inner line. Crease, then unfold. Do this for all four sides.
6. Use tape to secure the edges of your box together.
The larger box will be the lid and the smaller box is the base.
7. Choose one of the question printables for the interior of the card. Print it. I used thin 8.5 by 11 inch scrapbook paper, but regular copy paper works great, too.
8. Cut along outer solid black line. Do not cut any of the interior gray lines. Don’t forget to cut out the tiny gift tag.
Fill out the strips by answering the questions.
9. Fold the long strips, alternating accordion style, on the gray lines. Make sure that the “Mothers (or Grandmothers) are a gift from God” page is facing up, on the bottom. Also, make sure that the front page is facing up.
10. Tape or glue the front of the blank page of the second strip to the back of the last page of the first strip.
11. Now the fun part! Decorate the front of the box using ribbon, twine, crafter’s tape, thin strips of paper, or even markers or crayons. If you use twine, tape, or ribbon, cut pieces longer than the top and sides of the box, then tape the pieces into the inside of the box so that the box looks like it is tied, but can be opened again and again.
For my boxes, I used crafter’s tape, strips of paper, and twine to decorate.
13. Use a hole punch to put a hole in the gift tag, then secure it to your gift card. If you don’t have a small hole punch, you can easily tape these on, instead.
14. Finally, tape or glue the back of the last page of the accordion to the inside of the the bottom (smaller) box. You are done!
Can you think of any moms or grandmas who wouldn’t love to receive this adorable little card?
Will you be making these adorable printable Mother’s Day Gift Box Cards with your kids? I would love to hear about it! Scroll down to let me know how it goes.
And, if you love these printables and ideas, please be sure to share this post on Facebook or Pinterest. I really appreciate it!
May God bless you!