This adorable God’s Love Treat Box Craft will help your kids have a blast while they learn more about God’s love for them! Perfect for kids who can cut and fold well, this treat box features a fun pyramid shape, super cute illustrations, ten little hearts that fit inside the box, and six precious Bible verses about God’s love.
This box is the perfect size for small candies and is fun to make and keep or give away!
These little treat boxes are just the right size for fun sized candy bars or a few stickers. They would make a great craft for the Sunday before Valentine’s Day, or an inexpensive gift for a teacher to give away.
They are also a lovely reminder to your own kids of how much you love them and how much God loves them. Imagine the joy of your child finding one of these adorable little boxes with a sweet treat on their pillow when they wake up, or tucked in their lunch box.
The printable file includes Bible verse hearts that can be glued to the outside of the box, placed inside the box, or scattered beside the box. The printable file comes in CSB, ESV, KJV, NASB, NIV, and NKJV Bible versions.
Materials Needed for the Printable “God’s Love” Treat Boxes
- Box and hearts template printed on regular paper or light cardstock (Get your own copy above.)
- Hole Punch
- Tape and/or Glue
- Ribbon, twine, or string for the top of the box
- Crayons or markers if kids are coloring the boxes
- A small treat to put inside of the box (such as stickers or small candy)
- Cut the box and hearts out along the dark lines. (See the picture below.)
2. Use a hole punch to punch a hole where the two black dots are.
3. Lay the box down with the dotted lines facing up. Fold along the dotted lines, folding the edge flaps and the triangular sides up toward you.
4. Glue or tape the edges of the box together, leaving the front flap open. If you have young children making this, tape is better than glue so they don’t have to hold and wait while the glue is drying.
5. Cut out the verse hearts and the front heart. Decorate them, as desired. Place the verse hearts and a small treat inside of the box.
6. Thread the ribbon or string through the holes at the top of the box. Pull the ribbon together and tie to shut the box.
7. Glue or tape the “A Special Treat” heart to the front of the box, if desired. Your special “God’s Love” Treat box is finished!
Will you be making this box with your kids or for your kids? I would love to hear how it goes. I would also love to hear what small treats you put inside your boxes. Please scroll down to comment.
May God bless you!