The Books of the Bible New Testament Spinner Craft is super easy to make and fun to play with! Best part? It will help your kids have a blast while becoming familiar with the books of the New Testament!
Materials Needed for the Books of the Bible New Testament Spinner:
- One copy of the two page Spinner Template for each student. (You can choose full color or black and white outline for your kids to color.)
- One paper brad or round headed paper fastener per child
- Crayons, washable markers, or colored pencils if desired
- Have your students color the templates, if desired.
- Locate the template with the two children on the front. Cut the circle out.
- Cut into the circle and remove the marked “pie piece” along the lines. (See picture below.)
- Cut the circle with the Bible book names out along the outer edge. DO NOT cut into this circle at all.
- Layer the circle with the children over the circle with the Bible book names so that the edges match. Insert the brad or paper fastener through the black dot on the front circle. Turn the whole spinner over and flatten the brad tails to fasten both circles together.
- Twist the top circle to reveal the names of the books of the New Testament in order.
- Have kids say the names of the books of the New Testament, starting with Matthew, as they twist the spinner.
- As they get familiar with the names of the books of the New Testament, see if they can remember the name of the next book before twisting the spinner. Then, twist the spinner to see if they are right!
Note: It is really helpful to memorize the books of the New Testament in small sections. You might start with Matthew through John. Once your kids are very familiar with these books, add Acts through 2 Corinthians. Continue until your kids know all the books of the New Testament.
Will you be using this craft with your kids? I would love to hear how it goes! Please scroll down to comment.
Do you need this an Old Testament version of this craft? You can find that here.
May God bless you!